PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 15, 2011

Apple Carrot Mini-muffins

Mini-muffins are a great lunchbox item.  You can make a big batch and then freeze them to pull out the night before and throw in the lunchboxes in the morning.  Muffins can sometimes be a bit questionable on how healthy they are, especially store bought ones.  These hit the mark on being healthy, yet still give a bit of a sweet factor with a cream cheese glaze on top.
The food processor certainly makes grating easy.  Mine is a hand-me-down from my mom that is close to 30 years old.  If that isn't a great endorsement for Cuisinart I don't know what is. 
I brought these on a playdate and they got mixed reviews.  The majority of the kids ate one or two, one girl ate at least 5 and was shocked when she heard they had carrots.  Another child didn't like them at all.  They definitely aren't too sweet and have a bit of a healthy taste to them but overall I think they were good enough to make again.   You could add some additions like coconut or raisins to add a little more interest. 

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be making these; I'm pretty sure the cream cheese glaze will inspire my girls to eat them. I have a pumpkin/flaxseed/chocolate chip mini muffin that is a staple but the girls are tired of them. This recipe is a perfect replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delish Lisa! Once I get back in the baking mode I will definitely be trying these out.

    ReplyDelete